Normas de comportamiento | Foro de ayuda y tutoriales | Normas de seguridad y esquí Síguenos desde Facebook Síguenos desde Twitter Síguenos desde Vimeo Síguenos desde Youtube Síguenos desde Instagram Síguenos desde Google +
Cambia de foro:
avatar Skiing the Spanish Pyrenees
November 12, 2015 01:04PM
While waiting the snow to come, I keep spending my time surfing the interwebs. I've found this article from 2012: [www.nytimes.com] with some priceless concepts like describing the Pyrenees as "a land where no self-respecting, night-loving Spaniard, we soon learned, climbs out of bed to make turns before 10 a.m." :lol2:

Reply Quote
Karma del mensaje: 18 - Votos positivos: 1 - Votos negativos: 0
Gracias Positivo Positivo  Negativo Negativo
Re: Skiing the Spanish Pyrenees
January 18, 2017 07:47PM
It did not sound bad in the end after reading the articlesmiling smiley

Reply Quote
Karma del mensaje: 0 - Votos positivos: 0 - Votos negativos: 0
Re: Skiing the Spanish Pyrenees
February 26, 2017 03:50PM
And completely true, right? If It's not a powder day, who gets first lifts before 10? Compare that to North America where people start queuing at 7:30!

Pirineo a lo loco

Reply Quote
avatar Re: Skiing the Spanish Pyrenees
March 04, 2017 07:25PM
Pirímano
And completely true, right? If It's not a powder day, who gets first lifts before 10? Compare that to North America where people start queuing at 7:30!

In Sierra Nevada lifts open at 8;30 and ski instructors, coaches and other workers can take them a bit earlier. On a normal day athletes, coaches and some instructors will be skiing before 9:00. On a powder day most of the best off-piste runs wil be all tracked by this time.

On the other hand, there is an special "fresh tracks" pass which allows you to hit the slopes at 7:00 on weekends.

I'd say in the Pyrenees is somewhat similar, so I think the article might be a bit distorted :+:

Solo sé que Sócrates no sabía nada, o algo así era

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2017 11:11PM by carolo.

Reply Quote
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
Foros nevasport.com @ 2017
nevasport.com | noticias | reportajes | estaciones | nevablogs | foros | mapa del sitio | Publicidad | Contáctanos | Política de privacidad
Normas de comportamiento | Foro de ayuda y tutoriales | Normas de seguridad y esquí